Indian National Bar Association is pleased to announce its 3rd International Academic Tour for Indian Law Students to Canada from July 23 – August 04, 2017.
Important note: Application date has been extended for the tour May 20th, 2017
Purpose of tour:
This tour has been planned to provide law students an overview of Legal Education & Practice in Canada as well as to make them learn the Judicial and Parliamentary system of Canada. This tour will also include the discussion of the opening foreign legal market in India and making good relations among the countries.
Benefits of the tour
1. Opportunity to meet & interact with dignitaries.
2. Opportunity to visit Law Schools of Canada
3. Opportunity to learn Canada Legal Education.
4. Interaction with the Faculty of Canada Law Schools
5. Interaction with law Students of Canada
6. Learn about pursuing higher legal education in Canada
7. Lectures by various Law Schools
8. Certificate of completion
9. Learn about Canada Bar Exam
10. Interaction with Canada Law Firms & Lawyers
11. Learning opportunities about International Diplomacy
12. Many more…..
Important Guidelines & information
Please read the terms and conditions before applying
Maximum number of students to be selected – 50
- Students of 3rd, 4th Year & 5th Year from Five Year integrated LL.B Courses and Students of 2nd and 3rd Year from Three Year LL.B course are eligible.
- Students securing first division throughout their previous semesters/years of their course
- Should be proficient in speaking and understanding English.
- Must have received a Non Objection Certificate from his/her college for the tour.
- Must have an interest in pursuing higher studies from Canada
- Must have consent from parents and an undertaking duly signed by them.
- Must have an Indian Passport with validity up to 2 years.
- To and fro economy class air travel as mentioned in the itinerary
- Baggage Allowance as per the airline policy
- To and fro Airport Transfers
- Lectures by law School Faculty on different topics
- Certificate of completion by INBA
- Visit to Courts of Canada
- Visit to Canada Parliament
- Visit to Commonwealth Headquarters
- Visit to Law Colleges/Universities in Canada
- Visit to the tourist spots in Ontario (Niagara Falls)
- Visit to Law Firm Offices in Canada
- Visit to Bar Associations‟ office
- Accommodation & Food during the tour
- A letter of Visa
- Visa Fees
- Any Increase in Airfare, Visa Fees, Airport Taxes, Govt. Taxes, Fuel Surcharges and any of new Taxes from Government.
- Cost of Air ticket deviation charges
- Any increase in the rate of exchange leading to an increase in all arrangements which may come in to effect prior to departure
- Cost of pre or post tour hotel accommodation & sim card (and calls made during the tour)
- Any extra cost incurred on behalf of an individual due to illness , accident, hospitalisation, or any personal emergency or any medical insurance
- Any service or activity charges (including entrance fees) other than those included in the itinerary
- To and fro Air Fare, Airport Transfers, Visa fees to join/leave the group and Airport snack hamper for joining and leaving guests
- Anything specifically not mentioned in the „inclusions‟ column
Releasing of the Tour: March 10, 2017
Early Bird Discount: March 28, 2017
Last date to apply for the tour: May 20, 2017
Last date for the Payment of Reservation charges: May 23, 2017
Last date for the payment of remaining amount May 25, 2017
Allotment of Visa Letters: May 28, 2017
Cost & Payment:
• The total cost of the tour is INR 2,20,000
• Early Bird Discount – INR 20,000 Latest by 31st March, 2017
• To confirm their participation for the tour , one has to pay upfront initial reservation charges of INR 50,000 latest by 15th April, 2017
• Last Date to make remaining amount is 25th April, 2017
Interested students are required to send an email with the subject “Application for INBA AcademicTour to Canada” on email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org ; the following documents compulsory to be attached in the mail:
- Updated CV
- Scanned copy of the previous semesters/year’s results
- Scanned copy of college Id Card
Documents required after selection:
- Filled up registration form (will be provided by INBA)
- Non objection certificate from college/university
- Duly signed Consent Letter & Undertaking from Parents/Guardians (Drafted undertaking will be provided by INBA)
- Scanned Copy of Passport (First & Last Page)
Things to carry/email at the time of booking:
- Xerox copy of FIRST and LAST page of passport, with validity for minimum 2 years from the date of arrival at the destination (of all the guests who are travelling).
- Xerox copy of VISA
- Registration / Full Payment or Proof of Payment. (As Applicable)
- College ID card
Note: Original documents can be asked if required
Awarding of Certificate:
Certificate of completion will be awarded to the student only after the submission of report by him/her based on what he/she has learned from the academic tour.
For detailed information about weather kindly visit www.accuweather.com
- Original Passport with minimum 2 years validity from the date of tour arrival along with sufficient blank pages for the stamping of visa. Handwritten passport is not acceptable
- A valid conference VISA for the duration of tour (VISA letters will be provided by INBA)
Things to carry along on the tour:
- Mobile phone with appropriate sim card or international roaming.
- If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of medicines with prescription.
- Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries please carry lotions, hand sanitizer, camera etc. and woollens.
- For the smooth VISA application, the VISA will be applied in group in the New Delhi Consulate of Canada [only]
- Student has to visit the consulate for personal interview which is mandatory on his/her own expenses.
- Indian National Bar Association shall provide Invitation Letters, Flight details and other necessary details after receipt of full payment to ease the Visa Process.
- On receipt of the required document, you are required to complete all Visa formalities as per the Canada Immigration Department.
- Indian National Bar Association bears no liability in case of VISA being denied.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi will be the only port of departure, and rights are reserved for Airline Selection.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- If a student cancels his/her Participation for the tour no amount will be refunded (except in the case of Visa Refusal)
- Air tickets issued on group fares are not refundable and guest shall bear cancellation charges.
- Any refund payable to the guest will be paid after INBA receives refund from the respective service providers.
For more details; kindly contact at:
Sahil Chopra; +91-7838474837; email: email@example.com
Archana; +91-9971532995; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Details for Payment:
MODE OF PAYMENT
By Cheque/Draft in favour of INDIAN NATIONAL BAR ASSOCIATION
to be sent at A-298, New Friends Colony, New Delhi-110025
INTER BANK TRANSFER (RTGS), Beneficiary account: 1509002101114397
Beneficiary bank: PNB Bank, Branch Maharani Bagh, Ashram Chowk, New Delhi-110014.
IFSC CODE: PUNB0150900, MICR CODE: 110024061, SWIFT CODE: PUNBINBBISB